So, the other day I was looking around because I need to spray the yard.
What’s happened is it has rained a lot on weekends which would be the time when I would have the energy to go out and do yard work and although I’ve taken a couple of steps to address the problem the simple fact is that most of the lot is overrun with Poison Ivy and I’ve got no desire to have something else to deal with in terms of skin issues.
So, I have some stuff around here and I was reading the directions and the stuff I do have are chems that kill everything, weeds AND grass and I really don’t want to do that. What little lawn I have I’d like to keep so I as looking for things that will specifically target weeds and the like and there are variations that do just that.
Thing is... in the state I’m living in you can’t get it shipped to you. You can take a quick ride to the two neighboring states and get it but that’s more of a pain in the ass. Also, thanks to the current Administration and their policies the price of gas is going through the roof meaning you have to think before you use your car for anything.
That would lead to a discussion about stupidity and the people currently in power but we can table that for another day - in the meantime let’s get back to killing weeds...
So, I went down the internet rabbit hole and sure enough one of the reasons you can’t buy the stuff is because of ENVIRONMENTAL RACISM!
Seriously.
Ummm... so here’s the thing. Those parks are there and were built specifically for people who are low and moderate income. It has nothing to do with people’s skin color. When you look at the history of the parks talked about in the piece what’s really incredibly ironic is just what their original use was and how thesse places became parks:
Yep... there is definitely some sinister master plan in operation here.
Or even at this park:
Idlewild Park is bounded by Rockaway Boulevard, Springfield Boulevard, 149th Avenue and Brookville Boulevard. Parks acquired the property in three stages between 1956 and 1964. The first parcel was conveyed to Parks through an agreement reached on April 26, 1956, with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. On May 8, 1958, the Board of Estimate assigned additional acreage to the area. Idlewild Park’s size peaked at 224.8 acres on January 27, 1964, through the purchase of private property. On August 24, 1965, Parks ceded 66.1 acres to the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey for the construction of the Nassau Expressway.
Now Roy Wilkins Park is also the site of one of New York State’s Veteran’s Homes and Idlewild Park is located on marshy ground abutting Kennedy Airport but again, there’s an overarching methodology here of ENVIRONMENTAL RACISM at work.
Puhleeeeaaaassssseeee.
The great thing of course is that by using the word racism we can make anyone who opposes our point INTO A RACIST!
This is just priceless.
Get Poison Ivy and then complain about why they aren’t taking care of the parks.
No comments:
Post a Comment